Glycemic Index Guide
- Category: Nutrition
- Hits: 5577
Sneak Attach Insulin Bombs
You must minimize your consumption of these foods. Many of these items are thought to be good for you and are included as key items in many diets and nutrition plans. They all have a very high glycemic index and usually cause a very strong insulin reaction in most people. “Cholesterol free” means nothing if the food item is high glycemic. Then more cholesterol is created by eating these foods than any normal food could contain. If eaten, they must be eaten with substantial protein and in very small quantities. Please see the detailed glycemic index chart for a complete list of high glycemic foods.
If you start your nutrition plan by eliminating these and adding more protein, vegetables, fish and flax omega-3 essential oils, you will be well on your way to a better diet.
1. Bananas, raisons, dates, pineapple, all melons (especially watermelon).
2. Sweet corn, carrots, potatoes (especially plain baked potatoes and of course avoid all french fries), candied yams/sweet potatoes.
3. Anything made with enriched flour, like bagels, muffins, croissants, most white and wheat bread, corn bread, and bread stuffing.
4. All white rice, most macaroni.
5. All popcorn (especially air popped).
6. Rice cakes, pretzels, all crackers including wheat crackers, rye crispbread, and graham crackers.
7. All puffed, chex, and flake type breakfast cereals including Cheerios, Wheaties, total, multi-grain chex.
8. Instant oatmeal and cream of wheat.
9. Pancakes and waffles.
10. Plain cheese pizza, vegetarian pizza, most pizza unless eat just the toppings
11. Honey, molasses, and maple syrup
12. Gatorade, Powerade, sports drinks.
13. Most Power Bars and other sports energy bars except the super high protein ones.
14. All sugared fruit juices and Sunny Delight.
15. Sugared lemonade, kool-aid, soda pop (but we all knew these were bad?)
16. Grape jelly and most sugared jellies.